[ad_1]
Police in the northeastern German state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania on Tuesday arrested a teenager on suspicion of the killing of a six-year-old boy.
The teenager was the last person who had seen the victim alive on September 14, police said.
What we know so far
Traces of DNA that police said was “very probably” that of the teenager were found on a knife, believed to have been the weapon used, near the crime scene in the town of Pragsdorf. Blood and fiber traces from the victim were also discovered on the knife.
An arrest warrant for manslaughter was issued at the Neubrandenburg district court on Tuesday morning.
The victim had been playing but did not arrive home at the agreed time on September 14th. In the evening, the child was found with heavy stab wounds in a hedge by a soccer field. Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.
The suspect was reported to the police shortly afterward. A search of the family’s apartment took place, but the suspected weapon was not found and the allegation against the teenager could not be substantiated at the time.
Police said the suspect had entangled himself in contradictions during questioning.
More to follow…
rc/fb (AFP, dpa)
[ad_2]
Source link





